First Safety at Work
The risk of fire is a very real threat to most organisations. A fire in the workplace can be devastating, and in many case the reason for the business to fail.
You’re responsible for fire safety in business or other non-domestic premises if you’re:
- an employer
- the owner
- the landlord
- an occupier
- anyone else with control of the premises, for example a facilities manager, building manager, managing agent or risk assessor
You’re known as the ‘responsible person’. If there’s more than one responsible person, you have to work together to meet your responsibilities.
The Fire Safety Order also applies if you have paying guests, for example if you run a bed and breakfast, guesthouse or let a self-catering property.
As the responsible person you must:
- carry out a fire risk assessment of the premises and review it regularly
- tell staff or their representatives about the risks you’ve identified
- put in place, and maintain, appropriate fire safety measures
- plan for an emergency
- provide staff information, fire safety instruction and training
How can we help?
Quest Consultancy can provide you with fire safety training from an introductory level through to training managers to undertake fire risk assessments as required by the regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005
Having your staff trained to understand the risk of a fire, the the basic principles of prevention, can help reduce the risk of fires starting and show your commitment to managing your business risks.
Combine this with our live fire training session which prepare your staff to use fire extinguishers provided to aid their safe escape in the event of a fire starting at your work place, you can rest assured you are managing the risk of fire within your organisation.
- QNUK – Level 1 Award in Fire Safety at Work
- QNUK – Level 2 Award in Fire Safety for Fire Marshals
- QNUK – Level 3 Award in Fire Risk Assessment
- Quest – Live Fire Extinguisher Training (Course Bolt On)
To book a course our find out more about how we can support you with your fire safety training needs, please call +44 (0) 7415 402 329 or email email@example.com